[USA] Peach Gelato with (or without) Sausages

el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

[USA] Peach Gelato with (or without) Sausages

Post by el Ducko » Sun Sep 14, 2014 17:15

Peach Gelato with Sausage
Here`s a really good, easy-to-make peach gelato which the wife of an old college roommate + fraternity brother recently shared with me.
● 2 cups sugar
● 2 cups water
● 2 cups buttermilk
● 5 cups (about eight) ripe peaches
● 1 pound or 1/2 kilo any type of sausage

Heat the water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool in refrigerator.

Peel peaches: one at a time, drop a peach into boiling water, wait 30 seconds, then retrieve. The skin should come off easily. When all have been peeled, remove the pits.

Mix peaches, sugar/water, and buttermilk in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth. Place mix into an ice cream maker and chill until frozen.

Sausages are optional, just to get past the moderators` evil eye. Grill and consume before, or after, a bowl of gelato.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 07:06

Geez Patito! You almost got me there!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Sep 15, 2014 13:16

redzed wrote:Geez Patito! You almost got me there!
Bwahahaha! (...but it IS a great recipe.)

Just keepin' ya on yer toes! It's part of my diabolical plan to dominate the galactic... UhOh! Cruise missiles at twelve o'clock! They're... they're... AAUUGGHH! They're dropping tons of.. No! ...tonnes of... maple leaves! ...tryin' ta bury me. Where's CW when I need him?

Oh! ...ridin' that dang buckboard, pullin' out of Tim Horton's with a load of them delicious crullers, the con-sarned...

Well, at least he's still drinkin' Arbuckle's. Hey, CW??? Gimme a cup, okay? ...and pass the donuts, RedZed.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Sep 16, 2014 04:32

I'm one Canadian who does not like the sour flavoured coffee poured at Tim Horton's. And I don't like their never ending lineups and totally inefficient service. So I don't care that they were recently taken over by Burger King. There is nothing better than a two shot Americano from Starbucks. :lol:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

sustainably fried foods

Post by el Ducko » Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:48

redzed wrote:...they were recently taken over by Burger King.
Well, there go the crullers, too.

But soon, in yet another bid to support Corporate America, our congress will declare doughnuts a food pyramid in themselves- - fat, sugar, and flour. They can be the crowning touch to the current food pyramid: alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.
:sad: