Swedish Potato Sausage (Potatis Korv)

Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Swedish Potato Sausage (Potatis Korv)

Post by Kijek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 16:05

Just made 3lbs of the Swedish Potato Sausage (Potatis Korv) that I found in the Meat and sausages / recipe section.

I have to say it's an easy recipe and the final result was excellent.

The only changes I made and will make the next time is; I added some meat binder, half of what is called for on binder pack, good choice. Next time although, I will use half the white pepper amount, the recipes amount is a bit overwhelming.

redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Jan 18, 2018 17:42

Hey that looks good! How did you cook it and what did you serve it with? I've been thinking about making it for a while, and one of these days I will! Just so many sausages and so little time! :lol: I have Swedish friends and when I asked them about potatis korv, they told me they never heard of it. :shock: So I wonder how really popular it is in Sweden.

There is popular Polish Potato Sausage "Kiszka Ziemniaczana" that is also very tasty. It's made with potatoes of course, bacon cubes, onions and eggs, seasoned with salt, pepper, marjoram and garlic. The sausage is baked and has a nice crispy skin and it's quite delicious. It's been eons since I had some, so I have to make that too! :lol:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 20:16

Well I have a friend who is Nordic Viking ??? Anyway, he told me about the Korv, so I tried it and is very good will make it again, but less white pepper.
I cooked two peices, #1 fried- very good, #2 boiled it and I liked that one best of all, it's a nice soft fluffy sausage.
Just ate them plan, but would be great with sauerkraut.

That polish one sound great, I'm trying that one next. Thanks
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 07:45

I will post the recipe that I used years ago, when I get a bit of time. StefanS posted a recipe and instructions for his Polish style potato sausage awhile ago, but I don't remember whether it was here or on the Polish forum. Maybe he'll lead us to it.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Fri Jan 19, 2018 14:55

Got me a cup of coffee, fire going in fireplace, sitting back relaxing and waitin! :grin:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Fri Jan 19, 2018 21:13

Well I gave a few links of this potato sausage to my Norwegian friend. He just called and said that the recipe is spot on delicious, and it reminded him of the old days, very authentic tasting.
However, he said the same thing I did, too much white pepper.

It so good, next going to make much more, but this time, try cutting the white pepper down 2/3's and use 1/3.