WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Jan 13, 2012 03:38

Chuckwagon,

Thanks. Sticky Chat II looks like a better place than the traditional Polish area.
We are all indebted to you for running a great site.

How can we stir up greater interest in dealing with the Polish side of the site? I'll be giving that some thought. ... can't seem to get through to the .pl side of things tonight, but I'll follow up on it tomorrow. The Poles are a most inventive people. (...party animals, too, but that's another thread.)

Meddlesomely yours,

"El Ducko"
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 06:00

Thanks Duck! And keep up the good work.
PS... where do you find all your energy?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Jan 13, 2012 15:22

Chuckwagon wrote:Thanks Duck! And keep up the good work.
PS... where do you find all your energy?
...perhaps, more time spent on the grill? ...or near it, eating sausage.

I am fortunate to be able to spend lots of time with our grandchildren. They all want to be super-heroes, so naturally somebody has to be the bad guy. (I am considering changing my handle to "The Evil Granddaddy! Bwahahaha!") Just being with grand-kids is a great source of energy.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 03:44

The DUCK wrote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of the belts driving a bucket belt that lifts a bowling ball up to a trough, where it rolls down, bounces off a couple of pins that have been glued down, then drops into another bucket that pulls on a rope. The rope goes through a couple of pulleys (as opposed to pullies, right?) and over to the top of a cage. It lifts and frees a couple of pullets, who peck at a string coated with seed and molasses. When the string is severed, it drops a trap door, letting out a raccoon. The raccoon sees a sleeping dog, lets it lie, but while keeping a wary eye on it, accidentally knocks over a container of lye, which eats the top out of a can of lime-colored paint, indicating that Martha Stewart must be nearby. The paint spills, runs down a ramp to a cauldron of boiling oil, tips it, and it runs down the outer walls of the federal prison where Martha formerly... [twelve page rant, er, section deleted by our magnificent, munificent, meat-eating moderator, who frankly has other franks to fry] ...which closes an electrical contact, thereby turning the grinder on.
Hmmmm. Just what kind of mushrooms have you been using in your sausage Duck? Have you been inhaling a lot of smoke as you burn the weeds in your backyard? How long have you been "on the loose". Uhhhh.... you don't carry any sharp instruments with you... do you? :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jan 14, 2012 04:03

Dear CW, Thank you for reeding my letter and please excuse the crayon they won't allow me to have sharpe objects here.
thank you Ducky. aka ross
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jan 16, 2012 15:26

Chuckwagon wrote: Hmmmm. Just what kind of mushrooms have you been using in your sausage Duck? Have you been inhaling a lot of smoke as you burn the weeds in your backyard? How long have you been "on the loose". Uhhhh.... you don't carry any sharp instruments with you... do you? :shock:
Chuckles,
I suspect it's the mesquite smoke. However, it may be this glass (hic) of kickapoo joy juice what I got rat-cheer. Uh... marinade. Yeah. That's it.

Speaking of which- - ever see any sausage recipes that call for marinating the meat before processing? With all the thousands of Cajun injector mixtures on the market, there might be some interesting marinade variations. (Then we can debate adding it a grind time versus marinating. Great forum topic, perhaps.)
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Jan 18, 2012 04:20

NorCal Kid wrote: Size of a CD jewel case, accurate & portable. My sons call it my 'drug dealer' scale. :mrgreen:
http://www.americanweigh.com/product_in ... qnoejbl156
With a recommendation like your sons', are you sure your handle isn't "Narc Alkyd"? :wink: :roll:
Exactly what I need! I'll also have to get a CD of Poland's greatest tubular-meat-related musical hits for the jewel case. (Maybe Chuckwagon will start another thread...)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 06:52

Wow! Duck just might be a perfect example of someone born in a house with lead paint! :mrgreen:
Hey Duckster, did your waitress short you one taco on your combo plate?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 06:56

And Crusto wrote:
I am metric, 182cm tall, 85kg heavy,size 44 shoe, size 97 trousers, etc etc.
Does that mean you are 143.98 years old?
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 18, 2012 17:38

Chuckwagon wrote:And Crusto wrote:
I am metric, 182cm tall, 85kg heavy,size 44 shoe, size 97 trousers, etc etc.
Does that mean you are 143.98 years old?
If he is a lawyer then according to his billable hours he is at least that old.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Jan 18, 2012 17:57

Chuckwagon wrote:Wow! Duck just might be a perfect example of someone born in a house with lead paint! :mrgreen:
Hey Duckster, did your waitress short you one taco on your combo plate?
To quote my hero, Daffy... "WooHoo! WooHoo! WooHoo! Hey! Wait a minute!"
Yoikes, and awaaaaay! (Splat) :idea:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jan 23, 2012 04:40

jt wrote:I have tried with and without the mustard and didn't see significant difference. I do rub my pork the night before I smoke it. I do like a mustard based sauce on my sammys.
...guess I'm getting old. What is a sammy? All I can find on the internet is:

sammy [ˈsæmɪ] n pl -mies
(Business / Commerce) Informal (in South Africa) an Indian fruit and vegetable vendor who goes from house to house

I bet you have to be fast to catch a sammy and hold him down long enough to get a decent coat of mustard on him. (grin)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 05:09

Hey Duck,
A "sammy" is a dude's term for "sandwich". The term came from that 10 year old Rachael Ray on her cooking show. You should hear what she calls olive oil.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jan 23, 2012 05:17

Chuckwagon wrote:Hey Duck,
A "sammy" is a dude's term for "sandwich". The term came from that 10 year old Rachael Ray on her cooking show. You should hear what she calls olive oil.
Thanks, I guess. :roll: ...hate to think what she calls it.
...not one of my favorite TV personalities. She did a show on places to eat in San Antonio and kept talking about "southern cooking." Proof once more that "celebrity chef" is an oxymoron. :razz:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jan 23, 2012 05:32

I know about samitches but not sammys or sammies. Then again I have heard tell of sand witches so what do I know?
Ross- tightwad home cook