WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 05:40

Well shucks Ross, at least you don't call olive oil "EEEVoooo" :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jan 23, 2012 16:43

ssorllih wrote:I know about samitches but not sammys or sammies. Then again I have heard tell of sand witches so what do I know?
I checked with the authorities (grandkids), who assure me that samitches always have peanut budder in 'em, and you always take 'em along when you're going on an adventure. We made some peanut budder samitches and went over to the mall and rode the bus downtown to hunt gargoyles, last fall. We didn't find any (they must have been in the state legislature at the time :evil: ), so we ate the samitches and had some ice cream and fell asleep on the bus on the way back, happy in the knowledge that we were safe from gargoyles for at least another day.

But now it's political primary season, and we're not so sure that it's safe anymore. :cry:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:33

We all know that Doctor Guillotine invented the device with which to humanly chop heads off the French aristocracy and that the Earl of Sandwich in his haste sliced some bread and put some meat between for a portable in a hurry meal. Now consider if the roles of the two men had been reversed; You could eat a guillotine and be executed on a sandwich.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:45

ssorllih wrote:...could eat a guillotine and be executed on a sandwich.
AhHah! You've tasted one of our sandwiches!
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Tue Jan 24, 2012 03:50

What kind of leaf did you wrap the meat in?
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Tue Jan 24, 2012 04:19

Keymaster wrote:What kind of leaf did you wrap the meat in?
collard leaves

or collard greens
Dick

Never quit learning!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Jan 24, 2012 04:28

Do ya want a picture?
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Jan 24, 2012 05:41

I fixed mac and cheese the other night using some andoullie sausage as an ingredient. It was very good.
Ross- tightwad home cook
john_rambo

Post by john_rambo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 13:43

Natural Cures and Remedies are many times the best solution to your health
issues and illnesses. Natural treatment is both less costly and easier to use. Also,
home cures don't carry with them the health hazards or side effects of chemical
based solutions.
john_rambo

Post by john_rambo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 13:50

One product I am really looking forward to adding to the repertoire is smoked salmon belly snack sticks. Like almost all things in food, they have already existed prior to my mind but I will be sure to submit the recipe and more importantly the method once I have it fine tuned.

Essentially it is just belly trim, the pieces some chefs throw away in restaurants because they have no use. They are cured, dehydrated to an extent and smoked. What a great way to utilize trim!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jan 25, 2012 16:23

John, I think you could get an argument here about home cures. There are a few of us here that would be dead long since without doctors, hospitals, skilled surgeons and antibiotics.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 27, 2012 15:28

A dismantled El Ducko would look more like a dismantled frog.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Jan 27, 2012 15:44

Yikes! ...looks like enough parts to reassemble several brethren and stage a re-enactment of "Night of the Living Dead Ducks" for your horrific dining pleasure. Bwahahaha! ...and this time, we have meat stompers and grinders too! (...something that Hollywood never thought of, back in the chainsaw days.) ...plus, we'll use an irritating hip-hop sound track. :shock: Now THAT's scary.

"Honest, Ossifer, I doesn't know how them guys came to get suspended in the smokehouse all those weeks, but they oughta be about ready."
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 22:53

I hope you didn't get any of your shot back too. I remember my first duck- - eight years old, my dad and about six other men with me. I got the first shot, winged the poor thing, and everyone opened up with all they had so it wouldn't get away. We used lead shot in those days. There was so much shot in it that it sank! Someone waded over and retrieved it, and we all went on to get our (collective) limit.

"You'll eat your own duck tonight!" Dad told me proudly.
"How will I know?" I asked.
"Oh, you'll know," he said, and smiled.

My teeth still hurt when I think about it. (Later, I learned how to shoot 'em in the head, so you don't risk biting down on shot.) :cool:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jan 28, 2012 23:27

never went duck hunting, have shot a few pheasants and a few quail and chuckers. I used to hunt squirrels with a .22 never used a shotgun on squirrels or rabbits.
Ross- tightwad home cook