WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 30, 2011 06:50

Nooooooo...
Good try though. Here's another hint.
The insurance company is Geico. :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Trapper

Post by Trapper » Mon May 30, 2011 12:09

Last edited by Trapper on Tue May 31, 2011 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon May 30, 2011 16:09

Chuckwagon, If you plan to tell us Gecko. I can tell you now that their call echos very well in a concrete barrack in the Philippines. They are house lizards over there and considered good luck but they are very loud.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon May 30, 2011 17:49

I am more likely to cut them off with a power saw.
Today I made 3 dozen dinner rolls and 4 dozen cinnamon/sugar pinwheels breakfast rolls all for the price of 3&1/2 pounds of flour a pint of milk two eggs and a 1/3 cup of cinnamon. less than 4 dollars total.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 30, 2011 23:29

Wow! Trapper from the Land Of Lincoln is one smart cookie! She not only exposed the "duck theory" but did it in a way that makes me want to hide in the closet! But, uhhh, of course, ahem... ahem... I was really referring to the screech of the Great Salt Lake "Yoo Taw" Tuna Fish. Yeah, that's it! A tuna fish that is unable to submerge because of the high salt content in the water! They get mean and are seen strolling along the shore only during a full moon, walking upright on their fins, screeching "Yoo-Tah, Yoo-Tah". And their screech won't echo! :neutral: It just makes a cowboy shudder to the bone! :shock: And that's not all... their hides have become so toughened by the 8% salt in the lake that they are now the lake's number one export item, giving all the cattle out here fits of jealousy! :roll:
Whew! It's a good thing you didn't really think I was referring to the quack of a duck eh? Uh... garsh... I could have looked pretty silly! :oops:

P.S. I would have posted a couple of photos of one of those GSL Tuna Fishes, but as I was walking into the ranch house, a great big, three hundred pound, six-foot, five-legged, shaggy goat wearing chaps, jumped out of the bushes and ATE the photos!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Tue May 31, 2011 00:29

I have a silly question. Why do new posts, drop to the last page? Another question, a few weeks back I saw a Kielbasa recipe, I think Chuckwagon made the post. I would like to give it a try, but for the life of me, I cannot find it on this site!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 31, 2011 06:22

Hi Uwanna61, Nice to hear from you. Silly question? Naw! There's no such thing... just silly answers. New posts automatically go to the last page so people don't have to continually click through the ones they've already read, just to get to the latest posts.
Our site has a great "search" tool at the top of the index page. It will bring up anything that has been put in the archives and is case sensative. Simply click on "Search" and be sure to read the helpful hints that come up on the page.

Lots of folks are not aware of our "home page". It has all sorts of information and articles by Stan Marianski. You can find it by leaving off the suffix of this site. Simply type in WedlinyDomowe leaving off the pl/en. Here's a link: http://WedlinyDomowe.com
If you click on sausage recipes at the top, you'll find Stan's wonderful kielbasa recipe. It is listed under Polish Sausage. I've made it over and over.

Our own Siara has posted a great "white" kielbasa recipe from our associate site in Poland. People are raving about it. Here is the link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4788

If you happen to speak Polish, try putting your cursor over the Polish flag at the top right side of the index page and clicking on it. You may also click on any of the emblems to bring up others such as the School Of Domestic Meat Processing.

Also, try clicking on the forum called "Sausages" on the index page. When the page comes up, take a look at the "sticky" box at the top. It's called "important topics" - in this particular forum, there is a topic called Winning Recipes. Number seven (7) contains a good kielbasa recipe. Perhaps this is the one you saw.

Finally, any of the following books have great kielbasa recipes in them:
"Home Production Of Quality Meats And Sausages"... by Stan and Adam Marianski
"The Art Of Making Fermented Sausages"... by Stan and Adam Marianski
"Meat Smoking And Smokehouse Design"... by Stan, Adam, and Robert Marianski
"Polish Sausages: Authentic Recipes and Instructions"... by Stan and Adam Marianski & Miroslaw Gebarowski
All are available from Bookmagic.com

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 00:29

Chuckwagon thanks for the reply. I definitely will try the dry cure pepperoni and the Polish Hot Smoked sausage on www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes ! Also, I have purchased Stan`s dry cure book. Great read, but I think I may have to visit the book again! Stan does mention that in the book!! Thanks..
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jun 02, 2011 00:39

These books are not ones that you can read once and put aside. They are reference books that are pulled out whenever there is a question.
I have several reference books and the range of subject matter is chemistry and physics to gardening to micro biology to bread making to boat building to sausage making to home building to metalurgy and more. No one can ever know it all and keep it in their head.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 00:52

Ross wrote:
No one can ever know it all and keep it in their head.
WHAT? :?:
Oh sure Ross, NOW you tell me... Now that I've memorized it all! :shock:

Best Wishes, :wink:
Chuckwagon
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 01:17

Man I can`t wait for my first winner to light up!!
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 16:20

I guess I need MS word to spell wiener sausage. :oops:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 04:36

Hmmmm....
I'm worried about you Uwanna :lol:
spud
User
User

Post by spud » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46

Extra Congratulations to the old snow shoveller.
Great to see that your efforts and expert advice is being rewarded.

Yep, back from the dark side & ready to get back in the saddle.
Need to start with some really easy stuff, any suggestion appreciated.
Have to ease back into what was once a familiar everyday thing.

Going to take sometime to do the reading catch-up though !!!!

Once again Chuckwagon, great to see.

rgds Spud :grin:
Perth Down Under
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 00:16

Thanks Graham, you ol' cloud bumper! Nice to hear from you. Shucks pal, I've been a moderator for about 6 months now. The site is growing and we've missed your posts. I know how the aviation industry goes though... busy, busy eh? Are you going back to Singapore or will you settle in Perth? Find the best place to make sausage and have a smoker in the back yard! :lol: Good to hear from you ol' friend - and thanks again for the 'grats' !

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon