Weekend Projects

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Weekend Projects

Post by Albertaed » Sat Apr 24, 2021 21:34

I usually have 3 or more projects on the go and this week is no exception. I’m building a stone surround for my electric fireplace as well as a live edge pine mantle. While I pick away at that I managed to harvest some sopressata out of the drying chamber, get 10kgs of Hungarian salami fermenting, package up my pizza pepperoni (using indaswamps recommendation) and mixing 5kgs of moose breakfast sausage. :shock: I brought the Ph of the pepperoni down to 4.6 which is slightly tangier than I’d like. Still delish but I’m going to shoot for 4.8 next time. The sopressata is loosely based on Chuckwagon s recipe. I upped the temp in the dryer to 53F awhile back which seems to be causing a bit of hardening so I’m going to go back 51-52 range. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll start my 3 day cold smoke on the Hungarian Salami.Just having a BLT with my bacon and my wife’s sourdough anticipating tonites pepperoni on my wife’s wonderful homemade pizza dough. Life’s grand
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Weekend Projects

Post by Scogar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 23:07

Life does seem pretty grand in Alberta...jealous!!
fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by fatboyz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 01:06

Sounds Awesome. We're packing up for our bear hunt. Packing lots of sausage, salami and Landjaeger for field lunches. Bringing a cast iron Dutch oven for sourdough bread and pizza's. Life IS good in Alberta! Enjoy the rest of your weekend Ed, good job on the projects!
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Albertaed » Sun Apr 25, 2021 01:28

Good luck!
fatboyz wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 01:06
We're packing up for our bear hunt.
Good luck!