Returning to the fold.

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
TheMeatUpYYC

Returning to the fold.

Post by TheMeatUpYYC » Sat Oct 15, 2022 18:27

Hello again.

I started off my journey on this forum almost a decade ago now but due to “situations” I have not been active in a long time. In the past several years I’ve changed from running my family business to returning to school at 45. I went to SAIT in 2019 and took the Butchery and Charcuterie Management program. COVID happened and I went to work at a neighborhood deli/butcher shop and then transferred to a high end whole animal butcher shop for 2 years, learning retail cutting and service. I’ve now returned to the deli in production (2 man shop). We make 200-300kg a week of sausages (fresh, smoked and dried), ham and bacon. Handmade production with some good automated equipment.

I’m finally in a spot where I feel I may have something to offer back to the board that inspired me to follow my dreams. Looking forward to continuing to learn and maybe help out if I can.

Cheers
TheMeatUpYYC
Bentley Meredith
User
User

Re: Returning to the fold.

Post by Bentley Meredith » Sun Oct 16, 2022 20:53

What a wealth of knowledge you will be to someone like me!
redzed

Re: Returning to the fold.

Post by redzed » Thu Oct 20, 2022 17:22

TheMeatUpYYC wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 18:27
Hello again.

I started off my journey on this forum almost a decade ago now but due to “situations” I have not been active in a long time. In the past several years I’ve changed from running my family business to returning to school at 45. I went to SAIT in 2019 and took the Butchery and Charcuterie Management program. COVID happened and I went to work at a neighborhood deli/butcher shop and then transferred to a high end whole animal butcher shop for 2 years, learning retail cutting and service. I’ve now returned to the deli in production (2 man shop). We make 200-300kg a week of sausages (fresh, smoked and dried), ham and bacon. Handmade production with some good automated equipment.

I’m finally in a spot where I feel I may have something to offer back to the board that inspired me to follow my dreams. Looking forward to continuing to learn and maybe help out if I can.

Cheers
TheMeatUpYYC
Welcome back! We look forward to you input!