Ads on the forum

All important news and announcements will be posted here.
vtec
Administrator
Administrator

Ads on the forum

Post by vtec » Wed Dec 12, 2012 22:05

Hi,
We decided to include some Google Ads on the forum.

I know not everybody likes them, including myself, but we need to pay a significant amount of money every month to support our servers and domain.
The advertisement will apear in the last post in each topic.
If you want to support us, feel free to click on it.

regards,
vtec
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Dec 12, 2012 22:11

I for one understand. I was a bit putoff at the start but I so much appreciate the forum that I can welcome an advertisement if it keeps us alive.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 22:40

If it keeps the forum alive, Great. I can handle that. I just thought that some mongrel mob was trying to stuff things up.
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 02:32

Hello VTek, fellow moderators, and fellow members,
Did you know that our parent site (Wedliny Domowe) in Poland, is on Google`s "Top Ten"? You can open the Polish site by clicking on the Polish flag at the top-right side of the index page.
To go back to the English-speaking site, simply click on the American flag at the top of the page.

As I dragged my ol` weather-beaten carcass through the "school of hard knocks" all these years, I learned several things, but three really stand out.
One, the world is not flat!
Two, if something involves a woman or a carburetor, I`ll have trouble with it!
Three, there is no such thing as a "free lunch".

This site is expensive to maintain. Heck, it was expensive to set in motion in the first place. As with other sites, it has become necessary to endure a few advertisements among our posts. Sure, they may be inconvenient or even distracting, but they pay the bills. So, please... understand that the administration does not have a choice. In order to keep our beloved Wedliny Domowe forum site, we will have to tolerate a little "advertising". I believe it is only a small distraction when compared to the necessary cost of maintaining our wonderful site.

Once again, I would like to thank our Polish hosts for maintaining Wedliny Domowe. These folks include our administrator Vtec in Orzesze, along with Polish moderators Maxell (Mirek Gebarowski), Siara (Maciek), Bon Air, and Ligawa.

In the United States, Seminole (Stan Marianski in Florida) and some crazy dude in Utah called Chuckwagon, ride herd over the English-speaking site.

I would like to thank the members for obeying the rules and helping to promote brotherhood. We have a great bunch of people on this site who contribute regularly. Thank you for your support!

As Christmas approaches, my warmest regards and sincere hopes are with all of you.

Yours most sincerely,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
huckelberry
User
User

advertisements

Post by huckelberry » Thu Dec 13, 2012 07:06

I for one don't mind the advertisements. I also understand the expense of keeping the site up and running.
I just hope that as the site grows... and I have no doubt it will :mrgreen: I hope that it will remain as friendly and focused as it is now without becoming an advertising mecca like some sites do.
Don't take life to seriously.
You're not getting out of it alive!
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48

I would like to sincerely thank you for your understanding of the matter. I also hope with the new ads will not Interfere with everyday usage forum.
Thanks.
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Fri Dec 14, 2012 05:02

vtec,

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, ads are only showing when users are signed in and not when viewing the forum otherwise (in my case anyway).
It'll significantly increase your revenues if the ads are available to everyone.
Godspeed!

Bob
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17

Nothing costs nothing. So something must cost something. Therefore a lot must cost a lot. Fortunately, for me a lot of time and knowledge is given for nothing by members on this site. Thus something has to come from somewhere.

I do not find the advertising on this site obtrusive. On some forums it is overwhelming. On one web page I received emails from advertisers. This resulted in me not contributing to the page. I hope the advertising revenue gained keeps the site viable and remains low key.
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Nov 03, 2013 15:11

Please be reminded that the site is supported by the ads that pop up from the "Sponsor" in each post. But unless you actually click on one of these ads, there is no benefit to the site. Help support this site by clicking on some of the ads now and then.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Nov 03, 2013 18:36

Take notice also that the ads are targeted to internet searches you have done recently.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:02

Gotcha, I will "Click :cool: "
Keep them safe until they all come home.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 07:08

Topic Split by CW 111113@2254 See: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=22700#22700 Title: Pass The Horsemeat Please
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Dec 03, 2013 00:51

Interesting. I logged in a couple of times from Spain and Morocco. Now that I'm back at home, I get advertisements in Spanish as well as English. However, no more Eastern European girls. It's back to a steady parade of Thai and Ukrainian girls.

...which I suppose could be worse.
:oops:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Dec 03, 2013 05:43

el Ducko wrote:Interesting. I logged in a couple of times from Spain and Morocco. Now that I'm back at home, I get advertisements in Spanish as well as English. However, no more Eastern European girls. It's back to a steady parade of Thai and Ukrainian girls.

Hmm, so Ukraine is no longer classified as an Eastern European state? :shock: :???:
BTW did you visit the "Ham Museum". and did you sample something?
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Dec 03, 2013 06:31

el Ducko wrote:Interesting. I logged in a couple of times from Spain and Morocco. Now that I'm back at home, I get advertisements in Spanish as well as English. However, no more Eastern European girls. It's back to a steady parade of Thai and Ukrainian girls.

Heck, now that we're celebrating CW's birthday be glad we aren't inundated with ads depicting Chippendale boys dressed in chaps, and nothing more. RAY :mrgreen:
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”