[USA] Smoked Ribs With BBQ Sauce

Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Wed Jul 06, 2011 01:40

Well, I did up a batch of Chuckwagon's cured ribs this past weekend. I gotta say, once you realize you're not eating a regular rib, and stop expecting it, these things were pretty good.

I made the mistake of using HOT Hungarian Paprika in my rub and they were hot. Not killer, but hotter than I would have made by choice. Oh how we learn.

Tonight we had leftovers and they were even better to me. Tonight I knew what I was getting and expecting it, and the taste and texture were excellent.

By the way, I made a batch of the Rocky Mountain Red sauce to go with the ribs. The sauce was the best part. I actually canned a couple pints for longer storage.

Thanks CW for the recipes.

DAve
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 03:02

You are mighty welcome my friend. Glad you enjoyed them! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 09:38

Uwanna wrote:
Ok ok ok with all this talk about cured ribs, I just have to try it. Brine is mixed and ribs in the fridge. Now I will have to sit on my hands for the next two days, cant wait
I've been holding my breath waiting for you to tell us how you liked the ribs n' sauce! I can't hold on much longer :shock: I've got to breathe again.
How did you fare? Did you like the ribs or are you going to bury and bones and forget about 'em?
Gotta know... gotta know! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 16:40

Cw
My wife and I had ribs for the next two days. They where delicious, although the kids wanted to know how I got the ribs to taste like ham, we all like ham and these had good flavor! Over all, two thumbs up. As for the rub, glaze and sauce, I have made chicken and chops on the grill and used all three; rub, glaze and sauce on the meat. My wife`s response was, best pork chops on the grill she`s ever had! My personal favorite of all three would be the glaze, I like the peach, whiskey and spice blend! Ok CW exhale :razz: sorry for the delay.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 00:32

Whew!.... :razz:
Thanks Uwanna, I needed that! :lol:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Ribs!

Post by el Ducko » Sun Jul 06, 2014 02:36

Seeing as how it was National Ducks Day today...

We took a break from sausages and cooked some pork ribs. The rub was one part each white pepper, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. (...or use your own favorite rub. There's a bazillion of 'em out there.) Wash the ribs off, dry them off, rub on the rub, and place them in a 235° to 265° F pre-heated smoker at 100% vent. Dry for 20 minutes, about the length of time it takes to get the smoke generator smoking steadily. Introduce smoke of your choice (we like mesquite) and cut the vent back to 1/4 open. Use thermocouple temperature sensors in your meat and in the smoke near the meat. Smoke until the meat hits 185° F, about 4 to 5 hours. Wrap the meat in aluminum foil and keep on cooking (one to two more hours) until it reaches 190° F. Hold warm- - ribs will be moist even if it stays in the smoker another hour or two, due to the foil.

This recipe is traditional East Texas style smoked ribs, famous from British Colombia to Cali, Colombia. Even people from near that other Colombia, somewhere in the Carolinas, like it, although they keep wondering why it`s good despite the lack of sauce and the lack of basting and the lack of brown sugar and the lack of ketchup and the lack of............. (ptui!) (Obliviously dey doesn`t know nuthin` `bout barbecue.)
Duk
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.