Landmann 40 inch electric smoker, Model 32902

redzed

Landmann 40 inch electric smoker, Model 32902

Post by redzed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 20:15

Picked up one of these at Cstco for $450, with cover. Will try it out next week when I return from a hiking trip on the West Coast.

http://www.landmann-usa.com/OnlineStore ... fault.aspx
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jun 12, 2013 21:13

That looks very nice. Should be a lot of fun to use.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 07:27

I couldn't help but noticing the total weight of the smoker, give or take bit.
It only means that it is built from some decent material.
Red, no doubt you will show us all the photo's of the goodies produced in it.
Cheers,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 08:59

Very nice indeed! Let's see some goodies. :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Oct 11, 2013 19:54

I have been unhappy with this smoker and will returning it to Costco. It works well only at high heat levels, so it's useless for doing sausage. The wood will not start to smoke unless its at least 180F. I tried using the Amazen smoker in it but there were issues with keeping it lit.

Woks well for smokin/roasting chickens, butts, etc. but not sausage. Temp rahge is 100-225, so useless for cold smoking.

Will be ordering Cabela's Pro-100, which is on sale currently.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 12, 2013 00:35

Oh boy Red, you are going to be way way happy with the Pro 100 from Cabelas!!! I've had mine for maybe 15 months now and it works perfectly, every time, without a glitch. The Pro 100 from Cabelas is made by PS Seasonings in Wisconsin and the only difference between what they sell on their website and what Cabelas sells is the name on the front of the smoker. When you check out their website you'll find recipes and smoking instructions that work great. I can't say enough good things about their product support either, you e-mail them a question about the Pro 100, anything, their customer service department gets back to you quickly with the right answer. Congratulations Red, you made a great choice! RAY

http://www.psseasoning.com/index.cfm/act/store

When used as a roaster the chicken, ribs, and pulled pork that comes off this thing will absolutely blow you away!
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Oct 12, 2013 06:04

Thanks Ray. The deed is done, I ordered the Pro 100. Hopefully it will perform to my expections as it has to yours. I am also impressed that the temp range starts at 60°F. That means that I should also be able to use it as a fermentation chamber.

Now I have to find the time to travel to the mainland and down to Washington state to pick it up.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 12, 2013 23:28

I didn't know you had to go pick it up, remember what I said in the PM, the thing weighs 200 pounds, good to have a little help. One more thing I thought to tell you, don't wreck the box getting it unpacked. The box is styrafoam form-fitted on the top. I cut mine off as you'll see in the pic and kept it for when the smoker is in storage. Having the box-top on it this way prevents any damage happening to the smoker controls, also makes it easy to stack stuff on top of it. Enjoy! RAY

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”