Cadillac by StefanS

Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sat Apr 09, 2016 03:22

Thanks for the explanation. What we call BBQ'ing is meat smoking - low and slow is the only way to go - so to me it is the same thing. Grilling is different.
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Sat Apr 09, 2016 15:15

What we call BBQ'ing is meat smoking - low and slow is the only way to go - so to me it is the same thing
In my opinion - it is different - main purpose of smoking is preserving a meat for longer time. It is done in different - low temperature. In many cases it is only part of meat processing cycle.
BBQ - longer process to make a meat ready to eat directly after that process. Higher temperatures.
Is riding a Harley or Indian bike as same as riding Yamaha or Ducati bikes?
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sat Apr 09, 2016 20:03

I get what you are saying and agree to a point but IMO the process is the same apart from the amount of heat you are using. With the stick burners I use I can control the heat simply by adjusting the intake dampers which allows for fresh smoke to constantly pass over the meat rather than backing it up by restricting the exhaust. Whether I am using this for cold smoking or hot smoking the intake controls the process. In hot smoking there are two levels, one is when I'm not rendering the fat and the other is when I am but the process is the same and all controlled by the intake dampers. Of course, if I smoke a pig it will be served as BBQ so is it smoked pig or is it BBQ? As long as its good, no one really seems to care. :wink:
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Mon Apr 11, 2016 01:00

Butterbean wrote:As long as its good, no one really seems to care.
I can only agree with you. :lol:
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Apr 11, 2016 02:13

StefanS wrote:
Butterbean wrote:As long as its good, no one really seems to care.
I can only agree with you. :lol:
Hey, and you did a marvelous job on your smoker. I like it!