Cold smoking with smoke generator

Huntandcook

Cold smoking with smoke generator

Post by Huntandcook » Mon Mar 09, 2015 22:38

I have build my own cold smoking chamber with smoke generator. This construktion makes it possible to control the temperature to 100%. I usually smoke with temperatures from 35-50F (2-10 C) and I can do this all year around without having any concerns about the temperature outside. Check out my video on cold smoking. Click here
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Tue Mar 10, 2015 14:59

Great video Magnus! Do you actually have the fridge running while you smoke?
Jan L
Huntandcook

Post by Huntandcook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 15:05

Yes control the Temp on the fridge from 35-50f 2-10c year round, but when it is 75f 25c outdoor
, it come to 40-50f 6-10c
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Mar 10, 2015 15:12

Huntandcook welcome to the brotherhood and thanks for posting that video. That is one great setup. Looks like you put a lot of work into setting it up. I also am very impressed with your smoke generators. Please post pictures or videos of your products when you make Them.

When I first started cold smoking I always tried to do it when the the temp was less than 10C. However, I seem to have better results when cold smoking between 15 and 20. I get better smoke penetration and colour. It's interesting that you smoke at temps as low as 2.
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 20:32

I have the 8 inch Smoke Daddy for one of my smokers. Its just a smaller version of the one you built. I have a hard time keeping it going and I find the creosote builds up so much I am always cleaning it out. Pretty much gave up on it. I now use the 12 inch A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER. It gives me any wheres from 8-10 hours of good smoke with a load of pellets.
Huntandcook

Post by Huntandcook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 20:52

redzed wrote:Huntandcook welcome to the brotherhood and thanks for posting that video. That is one great setup. Looks like you put a lot of work into setting it up. I also am very impressed with your smoke generators. Please post pictures or videos of your products when you make Them.

When I first started cold smoking I always tried to do it when the the temp was less than 10C. However, I seem to have better results when cold smoking between 15 and 20. I get better smoke penetration and colour. It's interesting that you smoke at temps as low as 2.
Thanks for the kind words! After a lot of testing I think that a temperature between 2-10C gives the best result, both in flavor and colour, but as always the taste are different.

I have no video on how I built my smoke generator but I have step by step pictures how I did it. Please click at the link to se my construction. CLICK HERE