Need help to design curing chamber

Kunde

Need help to design curing chamber

Post by Kunde » Thu Aug 18, 2016 15:09

I have started to programming my controllers now.
Curing chamber is something WxDxH 1000x600x2000 mm3. It will be made 50 mm PU sandwich panels.
ARDUINO controls all parameters like pH, temperature, humidity, weight lose(scaling) and airflow.
All parameter read from text file so it will easy to modify parameters and make different drying programms.
WIFI, so you can get real time info and alerts to your mobile phone and email.

So I need help about those default parameters(all is changeable and read from file )
Is this ones reasonable?

Then starting
1. temperature 35 C ( or what you have set, depend of starter culture?)
2. Humidity aw-10% so 89%
3. saving starting weights of rods, where sausages are hanging

4. after pH had dropped 5.3( or what you have set) then automatically cooling to 12 C and keep it at the end of process
5. keep and drop humidity let say every third day -1%(aw can not read easily)
6. read weights and alarm then desired weight lost have get(read from file lost-%)
7. alarm if electric broken and if temperature/humidity too high or low or fan not work
8. control airflow too that can make air dry style meats(special option for make outdoor spring time style meat-read wind speed from file and adjust airflow )
9. Ultrasonic mist maker for cold smoking. Does better to smoke at the beginning or the end one time (how long) or better make daily short smoking periods couple times during the process
10. Peltier cooler/heater
11. Ultrasonic mist maker for humidify air
12. Air dehumidifyer
13. UV lamp to kill bacterials in the air. Air circulate outside the chamber there the lamp is. Also alll other hardwares are outside of the chamber
Is there something that I have missed or need take care. I should handle temperatures 0-80 C and humidity 0-99%
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Thu Aug 18, 2016 23:26

Wow sounds like you have all the bases covered Kunde! You will probably have to experiment with how fast you drop the humidity levels.
While there are some smoked and dried fermented sausages the majority are not smoked, what types are you planning on making?
Post some pics of your chamber when you have it set up and running!!!
Kunde

Post by Kunde » Fri Aug 19, 2016 00:32

Yes I will post pics then test run.
Purpose is to make chamber where you can do all kind sausages/meats and cold/warm smoking in reasonable price
Kunde

Post by Kunde » Fri Aug 19, 2016 03:16

Here is my first liquid smoke test with ultrasonic humidifyer.
Now I make long run test
Seems to work well and clean aromatic smoke flavour comes :mrgreen:

Liquid smoke test1
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Aug 19, 2016 18:41

That is different. Why not just add liquid smoke to product?
Kunde

Post by Kunde » Sat Aug 20, 2016 01:41

Bob K wrote:That is different. Why not just add liquid smoke to product?
Normally I do like that ;-)
I want to test how it works like this almost "traditional" way.
Kunde

Post by Kunde » Tue Aug 23, 2016 06:59

Is chamber temperature 16 C too hot for drying?
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Aug 23, 2016 14:11

That's a bit on the warm side , 11-13° Celsius is ideal (52-55°F)
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Sun Sep 18, 2016 21:02

What sensours are you using?
Cuould you post some pics and the code?
I have dried several tons of sausages in my chambers, but thik making bigger chamber(about 12-15mm3. , this time more professional, adruino is good platform.
Hope it wont crash, as I made elevator with arduino, but sometimes it want a restart.

As i read you want to use Peltier for cooling, I think it is not good, use refrigerant system for cooling, with fin evaporator. Mine are with that type of evaporators, newer had to use humidifier, only dehumidifying.
Kunde

Post by Kunde » Mon Sep 19, 2016 02:47

I can use bigger 2.4x2.4x2.4 m3 room later ;-)
I change peltier to normal ridge compressor and those humidifier and dehumidifier is just to keep humidity constant by Arduino.