Chamber back up and running again!

harleykids
Passionate
Passionate

Chamber back up and running again!

Post by harleykids » Fri Sep 01, 2017 22:55

Fired up my drying chamber for the first time in 9 months...been to damn busy.

Into the chamber today went a big orange lonzino, a big bresoala, and a small coppa.

In my rush to get everything cased I forgot to rub my spices on the bresoala...damn!

Had a freshly ground mix of black pepper, thyme, rosemary, juniper berries, and Calabrian sweet pepper powder all ready to go! Simply forgot to roll the bresoala in it. Oh well, my 21 day cure had all the above in it already, so it won't be totally bland.

Coppa was cured in sea salt and black truffles...didn't rinse it as I didn't want to disturb the truffles all over the surface. Smelled great, definitely had a fantastic black truffle aroma! This is my experimental coppa with the truffles. Hopefully it turns out good.

The orange lonzino was simply oranges, fresh smashed and diced garlic, and white pepper.
I didn't roll it in any spices before casing, as it is my first orange lonzino and I wanted to see what it tastes like with just oranges and garlic (no fennel, etc.) White pepper was just to give it a bit of natural bad mold inhibitor!

Cased them all in a beef bung that was cleaned and soaked in water with 3 limes squeezed and floating for an hour or so.

Plan on pulling them all around 38% WL, adjusted using the "squeeze it" method.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Sep 03, 2017 13:09

Way to go Jason! Don't forget some pics!
harleykids
Passionate
Passionate

Post by harleykids » Tue Sep 12, 2017 20:51

hanging now!