Auber Hd220w hygrostat question...

cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Auber Hd220w hygrostat question...

Post by cajuneric » Fri Mar 09, 2018 02:49

I just received my auberinst hd220w. Very cool unit as I wasn't too happy with the readings from the inkbird. After calibrating it (24hours) and hooking it up wirelessly to the auber app I now have it in the chamber. I feel more confident that this unit will keep my chamber dialed in quite nice.

My issue is this. After i set it up 1%dead 2% inactive for both the humi and dehumidifier my monitor on my phone app looks like a crazy zigzag. Bouncing up and down between 84% and 74%. Do I have it turned too tight? If anyone out there has a unit similar to this one let me know how you have tuned it up and how it works for you. My set point is at 80% humidity..

All comments welcome
Eric
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Mar 09, 2018 14:44

There is no reason keep a real tight humidity range. 80% should be your average setting on a slow curve not a zigzag. +- 5-7% I think would be fine. You also don't want the humidifier and dehumidifier fighting each other. they both will overshoot a bit on either cycle. I think you have a differential setting of 0-50 and a delay of 1-12 minutes. I would increase the delay.
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Fri Mar 09, 2018 15:02

Let me know if this looks ok

I have the
HY at 3.0
HYD at 3.0
HYH at 3.0

and the AS (Cycle delay for dehumidifier at 4 minuts

This means that at my set point of 80% the humidifier turns on at 74% and the dehumidifier turns on at 86%
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Mar 09, 2018 15:13

All chambers are different so you will have to try it.

I have the Th210 which is a temp and humidity controller, but it has the same sensor and similar parameter settings.

I have to switch from dehumidify to humidify manually and have never had the need for a dual humidity controller. If you adding new product every month to a refrigerator size chamber you will be in dehumidify mode 90% of the time.
fordtruckbeast
User
User

Re:

Post by fordtruckbeast » Tue May 03, 2022 13:10

Bob K wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 15:13
All chambers are different so you will have to try it.

I have the Th210 which is a temp and humidity controller, but it has the same sensor and similar parameter settings.

I have to switch from dehumidify to humidify manually and have never had the need for a dual humidity controller. If you adding new product every month to a refrigerator size chamber you will be in dehumidify mode 90% of the time.
hmm yeah that makes sense. İ am currently using dual humidity controllers... Hope it works. Struggling very hard with the no frost fridge tryin to keep humidity down....