I never have understood why this option is used here.

Something you do or don't like? Let us know. This is also the place for questions regarding this forum.
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

I never have understood why this option is used here.

Post by Devo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 21:07

Just my opinion but I say get rid of it. Come back a few hours later and you can't add or delete from your post. Hey I'm old and forgetful I need to edit stuff :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You're not allowed to edit your post. You have to edit your post within 60 minutes, after you posted your message.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Nov 10, 2014 02:04

I have found it to be mildly irritating.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Nov 10, 2014 06:57

I think that the rationale in that regulation is that it will prevent people from editing the text in a message that would change or confuse the discussion in the thread. If you post incorrect info, for example the wrong amount of ingredients in a recipe, just PM one of the moderators and we will be happy to make the adjustment. If you are worried about your grammar or orthography, don't sweat! We are all human and make the odd faux-pas now and then. And this is not a literary forum but a sausage forum. :wink:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Nov 10, 2014 16:18

I have seen people completely change their statements in posts on other sites. One person asked if she could can turkey? My reply was "of course it is meat" . Then she added "and will you explain the process". That changes the question and make s my answer seem smart assed.
Ross- tightwad home cook