What two years of making summer sausage can do

Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

What two years of making summer sausage can do

Post by Blackriver » Mon Oct 17, 2011 00:52

Just wanted to post a picture of the summer sausage I made last weekend, I also posted my very 1st attempt at summer sausage two years ago. I just want to thank Chuckwagon for all of his help to get me to where I am with sausage making. Without the forum and people like Chuckwagon who bend over backwards to help a beginner I would still be making soft mushy liverwurst looking summer sausage. I am very happy with the progress I have made with sausage making and thank you Chuckwagon for all your help!!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 17, 2011 01:24

The top one is your latest? It looks good. I would have thought two entirely different recipes.
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 01:32

Blackriver
Nice job on the salami! Yes sir the art of sausage making does require some skill and experience, and as you mentioned, a little help from good company goes a long way :wink:
Keep grinding & stuffing pal
Wally
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 01:34

Scott my friend, you are sincerely welcome! I very much thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful message. It means more than you'll ever know. As we've written to each other quite a bit over the past couple of years, I've indeed seen your work turn professional. We've also become pretty good friends, for which I am most grateful. You are one of those types of people who never brags, pays close attention, smiles, tries hard, and then succeeds. You never blow your own horn and were never afraid to admit to making a mistake or two. You just tried again until you got it perfect. In my opinion, this is the reason you will always succeed in what you do. I'm proud to know you and folks like you. Keep up the good work and take care of that beautiful new little baby! Once again, thank you for your remarks.

Your ol' pal,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Mon Oct 17, 2011 01:44

Awesome looking sausage buddy!
francis

Post by francis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 05:24

You give me Hope. I probably should hook up with someone on the forum with some experience, rather than make a new mistake every other week. As much as I read, there is nothing like the experience to make you go hmmmm.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Nov 24, 2011 05:30

We must learn from the mistakes of others . We can't live long enough to make them all for ourselves.
Ross- tightwad home cook