Open to recipes to clear my back log

Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Open to recipes to clear my back log

Post by Leesel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:16

Hey All,

I’ve got about 4kg of fatty pork mince in my freezer (in 500g bags) from a lovely Tamworth a butchered. I could do with clearing some room before the next pig. The Mince is good quality meat all sinews and silver removed but is all from the trim I deemed not good enough for salami. It’s also probably about 50/50 fat to lean ratio.

I could make a load of traditional British bangers with it but I wondered if you guys had any other delicious suggestions.
I’ve got casings of various sizes to hand if needs be as well as all the usual spices, cures and cultures.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions

Thanks
Lee
redzed

Re: Open to recipes to clear my back log

Post by redzed » Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:56

If I had that 50/50 mince I would add an equal amount of the venison I still have from last year and make smoked sausage. You could also add some beef and make a smoked sausage. Using only what you gave, I would make something emulsified (or ground a couple of times using your smallest plate). Use spices found in bratwurst recipes and then poach, or spices from frankfurter/wiener recipes, smoke lightly and then poach. If you don't mind the fat you could easily make an Italian sausage or a chorizo fresco. The last two are fresh sausages and you can make them quickly since you already have the ground pork.
Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Open to recipes to clear my back log

Post by Leesel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 19:10

redzed wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:56
If I had that 50/50 mince I would add an equal amount of the venison I still have from last year and make smoked sausage. You could also add some beef and make a smoked sausage. Using only what you gave, I would make something emulsified (or ground a couple of times using your smallest plate). Use spices found in bratwurst recipes and then poach, or spices from frankfurter/wiener recipes, smoke lightly and then poach. If you don't mind the fat you could easily make an Italian sausage or a chorizo fresco. The last two are fresh sausages and you can make them quickly since you already have the ground pork.
Thanks Red! A friend actually keeps promising me a bambi so I’ll keep some back for a venison sausage but in the mean time wieners are a great shout.