Meat With Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jul 05, 2013 14:21

:cool: My chicken sausage contains no GMO or hormone feed beef. :cool: :lol:
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Jul 05, 2013 15:21

No insects or rodents were harmed in the making of this film . . .-covered product.
Any resemblance of my sausage products to anyone living or deceased is purely coincidental.
(...but you know who you are.)
:mrgreen:
"So call now. Operators are standing by. ...and if you call in the next sixty seconds..."
Well, actually, they're seated. ...and your time's up.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Fri Jul 05, 2013 17:45

ssorllih wrote::cool: My chicken sausage contains no GMO or hormone feed beef. :cool: :lol:
But are they free-range chickens?

I've noticed one of the trendy things today is to use free-range pigs. Since I don't live in an area like Australia that is trich free this makes me a little concerned when someone in the USA advertises this as being more healthy or more better.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jul 05, 2013 19:06

feral hogs = free range? Is it legal to bait wild pigs and ambush them?
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Jul 05, 2013 21:29

ssorllih wrote:feral hogs = free range? Is it legal to bait wild pigs and ambush them?
I never really considered baiting hogs as something that could be seen as illegal. At the ranch we used to hunt we'd use this stuff occasionally just for kicks, and it worked great!

http://www.scsoutdoors.com/SCS%20Outdoo ... 20Draw.htm

I'd dig a few holes and then drive my jeep to a spot that overlooked the bait high up on a hill, a nice 200 yard shot and the hogs had no idea you were around. It was a sweet way to pick out the fat sows, just drop them right in their dinner plates. I can recall one little runt pig that just wouldn't leave the bait alone, we must have seen him on it a half dozen times. I finally popped the annoying little pest in the helmet and turned him into sausage.RAY

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Fri Jul 05, 2013 22:29

ssorllih wrote:feral hogs = free range? Is it legal to bait wild pigs and ambush them?
Here you can through out as much bait as you can afford to.

We once had a slight problem with a combine. There wasn't enough corn in it or the field to fill another wagon so a lot of it got "spilt on the ground". We probably traded corn for pork pound for pound in that one spot.