Salami di Alessanddra

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 21:42

Uh Huh! A wolf in sheep's clothing! That ol' Brewoz is pretty sneaky eh? Don't worry Keymaster, I'll slip by your house tonight and take Brewoz AND the sausage off your hands for you!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Tue Dec 27, 2011 21:58

LOL, Its nice to have you guys around as my family and friends think I'm nuts trying to grow mold in my garage and hanging raw meat in a cooler at 68° F for three days :smile:
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 22:35

Sorry guys and girls but I have first dibs on that salami, I told Keymaster I would bring the beer and we would sample the salami :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brewoz

Post by Brewoz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 05:38

Devo, Don't try to get in front of the line with some week @ss beer. Keymaster knows where to get the good stuff. :mrgreen:

Beer Guy at Snow Creek
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 05:43

Maaaa maaa! :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 19:35

One of them Beers sounds good bout right now Brewoz :mrgreen:
Here is a picture of Day nine, Lots of white stuff and a little evidence of weight loss (Aw) I have four differrent temp gauges and three different RH% gauges and they all read different within a few degrees or so, just enough to make a guy want to pull his hair out :lol:

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Dec 31, 2011 20:02

just enough to make a guy want to pull his hair out
uh... too late! I worried all of mine off when ssorllih made his Alysanndra. :sad:

The sausage looks great Keymaster! You've done a very good job. Soon, you'll have a first rate product on your hands! Slice it thinly pal! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 23:23

Chuckwagon wrote:
just enough to make a guy want to pull his hair out
uh... too late! I worried all of mine off when ssorllih made his Alysanndra. :sad:

The sausage looks great Keymaster! You've done a very good job. Soon, you'll have a first rate product on your hands! Slice it thinly pal! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Thanks CW, I'll wait to post anymore pictures until there done and sliced up for some money shots. I just find it so amazing how fast that mold grows!!!
nepas
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by nepas » Sun Jan 01, 2012 15:47

Looking good there Mi Amigo

:mrgreen:
NePaSmoker
KCBS Member
MAK Grill #48
Retired
http://bluesmokeandbbq.blogspot.com/
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 02:42

Just wanted to do a update and keep the pictures all in one place. These pictures were taken this afternoon on day twenty. I'm going to weigh them this weekend to see the green weight loss.

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 03:14

Keymaster,
Can you post a close-up photo of a sausage? Really close up if possible.
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 03:46

Chuckwagon wrote:Keymaster,
Can you post a close-up photo of a sausage? Really close up if possible.
Yes Sir, These are pictures of the front two Salamis. It seems the spots are where the fat was on the outer casings. The tiny black spots are shadows, there are really no black spots anywhere.

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 08:05

Nice photography Aaron! They look great. I believe you are going to have a first class product pretty soon.
We need to have our "resident dry-curing expert" take a look at your project. He's been a bit busy lately but we'll ring his chimes and get a comment or two from him. His name is Uwanna and the doggone guy could make good salami in his sleep! Let's see what he has to say about it.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
nepas
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by nepas » Thu Jan 12, 2012 15:41

Aaron

Thats fantastic.

I gotta get mine going.

I got an email from the company that made my fridge, they said there are no wires or lines on the sides and drilling will be fine.
NePaSmoker
KCBS Member
MAK Grill #48
Retired
http://bluesmokeandbbq.blogspot.com/
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Fri Jan 13, 2012 01:38

nepas wrote: got an email from the company that made my fridge, they said there are no wires or lines on the sides and drilling will be fine.
Get that battery chargin for that cordless drill and start makin Salami. I can't wait to see that Sobe full of Nepas Salamis :smile: Have you got your cultures yet? The place I got my cultures they expired in a month which is January 15th I believe. I will pm you who I got them from so you dont get old stuff too