Possibly, the perfect vacuum sealer for us regular folk.

Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Wed Jan 22, 2014 16:09

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vac ... 7AodCU4AUA

Quite a bit of savings on the shipping. :cool:
Keep them safe until they all come home.
two_MN_kids
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by two_MN_kids » Sat Feb 15, 2014 19:44

My ARY VacMaster VP112 was just delivered to the house. I ordered it on Monday as soon as Uncle said I had money coming back.

I ordered it from http://www.webstaurantsto...CFTRo7AodCU4AUA . Yeah, it was that price!

Free shipping on the unit itself, but paid shipping for the box of 8" X 10" bags that I ordered.
l
I just finished slicing 20 pounds of venison bacon, and 7 pounds pork shoulder bacon. Excited about using this new machine later today!

Jim
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Feb 15, 2014 20:18

It does seem as tho those units provide quite a bit of reward at the cash register, and that in itself is always appealing. I like everything about them, especially the price of the bags. What doesn´t work for me is the limitations on the bag size, 10x13 seems to be the maximum if I´m not mistaken. I just have´t had any problems with my foodsaver that make me want to switch yet, and I can cut a bag as long as I need. I DO love that the VacMaster can shrink-wrap and freeze liquids also, just that dammed bag size. Oh, look at the time, we need to think about a cab to the airport soon! A lot of the folks here heading back to the NE USA are worried that their flights won´t go thru, must be some real ugliness going on. We´ve met many folks at the pool this trip who say this is the worst winter they´ve ever experienced back east and in Canada. I remember growing up in San Francisco, it snowed almost two inches about 52 years ago. That was enough of that for me. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Feb 16, 2014 02:00

We got about 20 inches of snow this week.
Ross- tightwad home cook
checkerfred
User
User

Post by checkerfred » Sun Feb 16, 2014 04:28

That's a good price... They're 700+ on the sausagemaker.com website... I didn't read the bad limitations on it when I first saw it... I love my foodsaver I just hate having to freeze stuff first
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Feb 16, 2014 06:50

I have a poor man's vacuum sealer called Glad brand Press n seal. It serves me very well at about 4 cents per square foot.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Feb 16, 2014 17:28

Before the days of the vac-sealer my partner and I would freeze salmon using a Ziploc freezer bag and dipping the bag into a 5-gallon bucket of water to remove all the air. Worked pretty well and didn't cost much at all. Nice to be home with my Booboo dog on her chaise lounge and finally watching some Olympics, 65° and sunny here.
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
two_MN_kids
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by two_MN_kids » Mon Feb 17, 2014 03:24

The VacMaster VP112 really is the size of a microwave. The manual said the largest bag it can handle is 12" X 13". But, I haven't found one larger than 10" X 13". It's really quite a machine!

The first time I used it I thought it was broken, right from the start. My only previous experience has been with Food Saver machines. I was watching through the transparent cover as the first bag was bring vacuumed. Until it was completed, I didn't understand the chamber vacuum process. Once the pressure was restored to the chamber, the bag collapsed upon itself.

It worked great, and by the third or fourth bag I was very comfortable using it. We even packaged some soup, and everything sealed perfectly.

Jim
Hogswhiskers

Post by Hogswhiskers » Sun Jul 06, 2014 09:24

Great info. My Foodsaver is starting to malfunction after just 2 years. Will be making some inquiries about the shipping costs to Japan. Thanks for your post. :grin:
OMG! WTF? BBQ!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Jul 06, 2014 16:52

I looked long and hard at the VacMaster and decided I had to pass. I didn't like all the counter space it was going to take up when the biggest bag was going to be only 10 x 13 inches. While I'm not overjoyed at the price of the Foodsaver bag rolls they do allow me to fit just about anything I need other than a wild hog ham. I buy most of my meat in bulk for better deals and like the fact I can make any sized bag I need. I've had this one for about five years now and it performs flawlessly at about a third the price of the VacMaster. RAY

crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 21:43

I am in the market for a new Vacuum food saver. Looking at all the Chinese crap for sale on E Bay, I've finally decided to purchase a quality Italian job.
Not cheap but 5 year warranty has something going for them.
I have not decided yet which brand as I am waiting for some emails with more info.
Cheers,
Jan.
pignout
Beginner
Beginner

chamber machines

Post by pignout » Wed Dec 30, 2015 04:00

Saw this topic and had to weigh in. If you are going to by a vacmaster splurge and get the 215. Will do bigger bags and they seem to last. Just sold mine after 4 years and got 600.00 and bought a new vp330.This thing is a beast. Also, I have had experience with other web stores with major return problems ( webstrau****) so would maybe buy direct. They often have sales with up to 25% off(thats when i bought new machine) https://www.vacmasterfresh.com. Also have several friends buy these and one had problems right away. Gary is there tech and he is in Kansas not India and will bust his hump to make things right. Part was shipped that day and 3 days later he was in hi cotton. You can find CHAMBER BAGS in all sizes all over the web. I freeze lots of fish and prefer 4mil bags. Any way just my 2cent. KD